Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back from the COLD

After Christmas we headed up to Utah and Idaho to visit Adam's family and had a blast, even though it was like 20 degrees the entire time! Ethan got to play with his cousins, he had his first ride on a snow mobile, and his first encounter with a flight of stairs, which he thought it would be fun to jump off of. We took a TON of pictures so here are a few of our favorites.

Malia was pooped out from all the fun.
We also got to see my brother's kids. They stayed with us for a night at Jared and Emily's and had a blast! Thanks guys!!
It's snow time...
It was snowing and FREEZING out, but we survived! I'm so glad that we live where we consider 60 degrees a little cold, that I can handle.

This is Ethan and Adam riding the snow mobile, I don't think Ethan knew whether to have fun or be scared.
Notice the babies are the ones that are content.
We ate out at Tucanos. It's a buffet that has TONS of good food. They carry around all sorts of meat and just drop it on your plate whenever you want it.
This is the pineapple that they bring around that was sooo good.
This is all the different kinds of meat that you can have, I think Adam was in Heaven
We did all of our Christmas presents for Adam's family at his brother Jared's house. We got a ton of good stuff! Ethan loved tearing all the paper into tiny little pieces!

7 comments:

Heather (wife to Dave, mom to Jenna) said...

Looks delicious! I'm super jealous... and the snowmobile too! Lucky!

I love that Ethan is being pinned down in the grandkid picture- that's one funny kid you have.

The High Family- said...

I do love that my mom has her feet wrapped around Ethan to keep him in the picture!! Super funny. It really was wonderful seeing you guys. I know it was a huge sacrifice to come(thanks again), but we absolutely loved seeing you and having you in our home!! Next time your house, I am tired of the cold!!!!

Grandma said...

I can't believe the time is over. Malia and Ethan and I were just getting to know each other. Malia told me all the little girl stuff I needed to know. Ethan showed me how much of a dare devil he is/was, just like his daddy was.

I miss them so much and both mommy and daddy, too. Come visit us in Missouri. It is beautiful in the spring and we actually have green grass without having to water it!!

We miss you all!

Love,
Grandma

Jennifer said...

Love the 'staches in the family picture. So funny! Sorry you had to be exposed to the nasty winter whether up here - it's horrible, you're right.

Mikkelson Family said...

Hey! It looks like you all had fun. I can't believe how big the kids are! If you haven't checked my blog, you should read the Christmas one- there's something in it for ya!

We need to get together soon!!!

Allison said...

I was jealous enough when you guys said you were going to Utah! but tucanos too!!!! IGH! glad to see you guys had a good time!

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

I am so glad we were able to see you guys!!! It was so much fun to spend time with you! You need to live closer! I hope you are doing well and if you can send any of your heat our way we would appreciate it! Love you!