Friday, August 24, 2007

Mmmmmm Chocolate



So, I love chocolate. I would eat it morning, noon, and night if I could. When Ethan was a couple of weeks old he would just be crazy sometimes at night. He was usually a pretty good sleeper so we didn't understand why he would flip out sometimes. Anyways we discovered that when I ate chocolate, he wasn't so happy. So in trying to be a good mother, I gave up chocolate. Oh the things we do for our kids! It was a huge sacrifice! I would crave it all the time, especially when my wonderful husband would eat it right in front of me. Last week I decided that I would try it again and see what happened. OK, actually I totally gave in and ate some, I know I'm weak! But he didn't flip out as much as he used to so I have decided that it's time to eat chocolate again. I know I'm horrible, I can't even give up chocolate to make my child happy. But he really didn't flip out AS bad as he used to, so its OK. I will just have to give up the mother of the year award, and try again next year!!

4 comments:

BossyMommy said...

Hey Samantha,

That whole mother-of-the-year thing is highly overrated anyway. I gave up on mine a long time ago. When I nurse, I eat cayenne and onions and chocolate (not together) and I figure my children can learn to deal with it! (Please, no CPS phone calls). So far so good.

Happy Hardings said...

What a beautiful family and a hottie for a honey! Congrads...on your newest member to be. Glad I found you again...it's me Miken Hunt from EAC. Let's keep in touch.
Miken

The Holmes Fam said...

I haven't given up anything either, but I haven't noticed my babies flipping out yet either! I hear you on the chocolate business. I always have a stash of it handy!

Tammie said...

I think I need to give up dairy. Travis seems to get a really bad diaper rash whenever I eat pizza, the only thing I can think of is the cheese. Fun for me!